AFS group

AFS group
Morten, Ericka, Kennet, Anouk, me, Tone, Kristina, and Kristoffer

My Guayaquilanian AFS groupie :)

Saturday, August 2, 2008

LOST!

haha, it was bound to happen, right? :)

My dear friends, gather round as I recount my adventure. It begins on a seemingly normal day after a long 9 hours of endless translations at my wonderful new workplace in the which I am serving as a volunteer:) (it is called JUCONI and it helps to keep kids of the streets). My dear sweet coordinator Nadia had shown me the bus route that I was to take in order to return from my workplace to my home a few days earlier... now, I was going to try it out...

So ya, anyway, I was supposed to get off the bus at the temple and walk to my house from there. Well, I failed to do so, and as I saw the temple fading off into the distance, I figured I might have a problem... So I got off the bus and saw a young woman with her small baby and began to ask her in my broken english if she could help me:)

We walked along for a bit, but I couldn't really understand her because she spoke very quietly and kind of mumbly. We ended up walking by a police station which we walked over to, and numerous people began to gather as I attempted to explain my plight... haha, there was much laughing and merriment that ensued:) there were probably about 7 people there just asking me where I was from and all that good stuff. I had my house number, so someone used it to call my brother to come and get me:) while we waited we all just laughed and chatted (mostly about how I couldn't really understand much!)

When I got home, my mom just laughed at me and kept saying, "Tu perdiste! Tu perdiste!" ("You got lost!")

haha, it was all good fun and I made lots of new friends!! Hurray for the confusing bus system!!

No comments: