AFS group

AFS group
Morten, Ericka, Kennet, Anouk, me, Tone, Kristina, and Kristoffer

My Guayaquilanian AFS groupie :)

Monday, July 28, 2008

¡¡Ay Carumba!!

Hmmm, where to begin? So much has happened in the last couple days, it is insanely hard! But a good experience nonetheless:)

I arrived in Guayaquil, Ecuador with the other 4 Guayaquilians around 1:30 in the afternoon. We said goodbye to the others (my roomie Anouk!! Que triste:( ) earlier that day. We were all so nervous to meet our separate families!!and I met my familia!! I have a mother, Juana, a sister named Denisse who is 21, and a brother Christian that is 32. They live in a very nice home, with lots of flowers and a water fountain in the middle of the dining area!! Que bueno, ¿no? haha, I love having the extra keys on the keyboard:) ññ ¡¡ ¿¿

So yes, on Saturday I met my family and kind of got everything settled. It was very hard the first day because I could not understand anything really! They all talk so fast!! I also went to a discoteca with my sister. I didn't realize that it was a bar, so there were lots of drunk people and it was all very overwhelming, being in a new place with all these new people. But my sister drove me back home, so it was all good. This is by far the hardest thing that I have ever done in my life, and I have cried more than I have in a long time... ok, let's say I have cried more than I have in the past month (for those of you who know what I am talking about - ahem, Scott - because that was definitely the hardest thing I have ever done) but yes, every day gets a little bit easier:) I am understanding spanish better and I think that I am speaking it better?? No se.

I met another part of their family on Sunday. The older sister Ericka and her kids Ericka and Bodi? I think is their names. We drove into some sort of town with their friend Paula as well. We walked around a bit and looked through all the shops. It was a lot of fun:) and the two little kids are super cute!

So, I live 5 minutes away from the temple in Guayaquil!! It is only a short walk up a hill and then you are there!! I was so excited about that! And, the family told me that they have neighbors that are mormons that they would introduce me to. So hopefully I will be able to go to church with them:) I feel very blessed!

No comments: